Monday, January 18, 2010

Lets 'really' talk about teenage boy's rooms!

Image from Tommaso Ziffer
As you all know, I have this fixation on how to decorate and the design that goes into teenage boys bedrooms. There is very little out there that really inspires me and makes me say wow!!!! gee that is a stunning room for a guy 15 years and above. I literally have hundreds of images of the most stunning bedrooms for babies, children and teenage girls but where are the rooms design specifically for teenage boys and older?
Its like when I go clothes shopping for my boys. The whole floor will have the most beautiful trendy clothing for girls and when I politely ask where is the boy clothing situated, its always in the corner, just a few selections of boring colours and designs, hidden out of sight because obviously boys don't where clothes hahahaha Anyway, a bit off track but the point being is I am determined to decorate my boys rooms that totally not only look fantastic but rooms that suit them and their life style....now this is going to be a challenge, believe me!
So, my question is, what is the most important design element that should be in a male teenagers room. I would love to hear from everybody your thoughts on this to help me kick start this project or quest I should call it LOL

Is it the paint colour, window furnishings, computer (this is one thing my boys will never be allowed to have in their rooms, for a good reason) tv's, desk or just a place to lounge with friends. From your experience, as a parent or interior decorator, what is the most important thing a young man would want in their room. I will be very interested to hear from you all.




Image from Rees Roberts via Desire to inspire

Now this bedroom is stunning! Its the blinds that makes the room....but once again, its for a girl but could easily be a boys room. But, would a boy actually like this room? (take away the girly stuff) to tell you the truth I don't know...that's why I need help to understand what they really need and want.

On another note...You may remember that my lovely husband built some shelving so that all my son's toys could have a 'home' downstairs. The inspiration came from It's the little things that make a house a home karla has done a wonderful job in making her son's room more usable and child friendly. She has adapted her son's room to suit his life style...why have a big robe if he doesn't have the clothing to use all that space. So this is what got me thinking....
Mrs B


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Choosing Decorations - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons